Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Leaving Bariloche

Just a quickie toady. We´re heading out of Bariloche in a couple of hours to set out for Mendoza, Argetina´s wine region. I´m looking forward to it, but in honesty it´s a little sad saying goodbye to our new friends. Dean the gay pom was one of the funniest guys I have met on these travels. The Americans, Jarrod, Natalie, and Tracy, were really cool to hang out with. Who´d have thought that Yanks could be so bearable? We´re all headed in roughly the same direction so we may be able to meet up for New Years. Some funny things to mention that happened during our stay at Hostel 41 Below were as follows. Two morons paid 100 pesos for about one cent´s worth of mate (argentine tea) being told it was pot. They almost smoked all of it before someone else told them they weren´t smoking pot, we heard them coughing and spluturing upstairs, they complained of headaches for the next day. It was pretty funny, you´d have to be stupid to try and buy drugs over here, so they got what they deserved. Ness confidently shouted out bottom when we were listing words that could be spelt the same way backwards and forwards, moments later she thought it was raining in one spot that was actually a sprinkler. I asked a guy to turn a light on, he was Israeli and clearly misinterpretted what I said and proceeded to tell me all about who he hooked up with the night before, then he left, leaving me in the dark. A Canadian was intrigued when I told him that 70 % of all statistics were made up. He wanted to know where he could find that statistic, it took me another 5 minutes to explain that it was a joke.


Anywho I best be off. Photos are on their way soon, it just takes so long to upload them. Here´s a taste anyway.



Chucklebear.


8 comments:

sam said...

hey dylan

nice to hear from you, you have a way of writing things that don't bore me too much - and that truly is a blessing. Keep having fun.

love (and kisses) SAM

brit said...

photos are amazing! looks so beautiful.

Dylan said...

hey brit you must be checking the blog out right now I only just posted those photos!

brit said...

i know! how cool!

leblogmac said...

I like that photo of the wonderful scenery and the two girls in the foreground just doing anything else but looking at it.

The canopying photo is awesome also, I'm sending that straight into the channel seven weather report...

Peter & Pat said...

IS that a beard I detect? How was the hat hair after canopying?I m glad they could find a hard hat to fir..well almost, at first glance I thought you were wearing a bucket hat! Its good to see that you still have some condition on you, so your home (or is the hostel) cooking must be OK.

Thanks for taking the time to get the phots up, it's such a privilege to share the journey with you.
Love Mum

Dylan said...

Some CONDITION on me!!! I´m barely eating thankyou very much, I´ll be skin and bone by the time I get back, way to inflict an eating disorder MUM!

James said...

i agree with dylan, his arms and legs look so skinny and feeble. it's a surprise he can even type let alone go canopying. EAT MORE STEAK