Friday, December 1, 2006

Leaving BA

It's our last couple of hours in BA. And I am actually looking forward to the 20 hours bus trip ahead of us. The buses here are amazing apparently, and we're travelling first class. It'll actually be good to stop for a little while and have a break. We've been walking just about everywhere for the last few days, and it has been hot. Not as hot as in Adelaide but it was 33 today and humid as hell. A few things have happened over the last couple of days. Some english backpackers took us to an irish pub, it was a bit of a hole, and pretty sleazy. Every time I turned away from the girls guys swarmed around them. Ness pretended I was her boy friend, but Sarah had to fend for herself. Which she did amicably. The boys are very forward here. The English backpackers can really drink, we weren't up for a big one, but they kept buying us drinks. And the average size here is a longneck. It got messy quickly, but we managed to get back to the hostel fine. Yesterday was a bit of a write off, we were organising our travel for the next couple of weeks. We startred at the travel agent here, but realis ed we were getting ripped off. So we organised it all ourselves, well mostly Ness, she's a machine! But we saved probably $300 dollars so it was worth it. We said goodbye to Sam and Owen yesterday, it was really nice to see them. I think they were pretty s toked to see us too, they'd been travelling together for 6 months. And then we had a few drinks at the Hostel, where Ness danced up a storm, noone was dancing at the time, and everyone stopped what they were doing to watch her. She was on fire. Some of the other girls obviously felt they were being upstaged so they started dancing on the table, and soon everyone was dancing. So Ness was the party catalyst. Today we went to a modern arts museum *MALBA. Saw some work by Frida, it was pretty cool. Now we're about to head to Peninsular Valdes to see the whales, penguins, and sealions. I can't wait.

If I were to sum up BA in a couple of words, I'd have to say they are terrible drivers, but very friendly people on the whole. Pollitically there's a whole heap of crap going down over here. There are big protests almost everyday. It's a damn cheap place to enjoy, but I think I have seen about as much as want to at the moment.

Alright , I best be off. But first I must congratulate Mark and Erin, and Belinda and Mark, for their recent engagements, and secondly Brit for her first class honours. Amazing shiznit guys!

Here's hoping internet coverage will be okay across the rest of my travels...

Luv

Sir Chuckleton of Radelaide

2 comments:

Emma said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
leblogmac said...

Chuckleton wrote:
"Ness pretended I was her boy friend, but Sarah had to fend for herself."

hmm, do you want a recent photo of me to ward off the barmy army? Here's one I took yesterday- print it out on a T-Shirt perhaps.