Monday, November 27, 2006

Arriving Continued

At 10pm we finally got on our flight to Buenos Aires. By this time we were very tired. For the first time we were not seated together. I was sandwiched between two guys, and I could feel one of them staring at me for most of the trip, but every time I looked at him, or said "hola" he looked away. Except for this one time when he just grinned, his skinny lips stretching to nonexistence and his dark yellow teeth on show for all to see. He still didn't answer. I pretended I was reading an Argentinian newspaper for the rest of the trip. By this time I was tired and a little bit fed up with all the flying, but that all washed away in a second when we came into land in Buenos Aires. It was one of the prettiest sights. Street lights in every direction, from horizon to horizon. It was mind boggling to see how big this city is. We got off the plane and found that our bags had been waiting for us on the carousel for hours due to the flight mess ups. Luckily they were all there. We prepped ourselves to go through customs, but because I think we were the last flight of the night (it was well after midnight), customs didn't care about our stuff they just told us to go through, so all you drug runners out there, take the last flight, like in any job custom officials can't be arsed doing their job when it's knock off time.
We said goodbye to the friends we'd made on the plane, (not creepy mc grin grin), and ordered a taxi from the booth at the airport. After waiting 10 minutes a guy swaggered up, flicked us the taxi reciept and casually gestured to us to follw him. If any of you guys have seen "The Big Lebowski" this guy was a spitting image, and had the same mannerisms as Jesus (not Christ), he was hilarious. Anyway we got into the taxi, and the driver travelled between 140 and 160 kmh the entire way back. Most of the way was 80 zones, this guy overtook an ambulance with its sirens screaming. It was relatively nerve racking, but we did manage to complete a 40 minute trip in 20 minutes, so it's not all bad!
We got to our hostel at 12.30 am, by this time we had been up for 30 hours with only the briefest of naps. We all had showers and Ness and Sarah went straight to bed. I checked my email, and some other Aussie bought me a beer, I went back to the room and Ness was wide awake sitting on her bed. I passed out immediately. When I awoke 6 hours later Ness had still not slept, so we decided to get drunk tonight to try to help us get over our Jetlag and at present we are well on our way!

Till next time,
Chuckles Mc Chucklebear.

2 comments:

LuLu said...

Woohoo! You're doing stuff! I commend you on your writing abilities as I actually managed to read it without pictures! :-) Maybe you should've just given that guy some dip and then you could've avoided all the embarrassment. Don't be a dip hog!
Catch ya on the flip side Daddio.

James said...

i've always wondered, can you say 'Hola' casually or do you always have to yell it. i don't know why but i reckon it should always be yelled.
oh and by the way i will continue to write stupid things like this and i expect them to be answered.