Thursday, November 8, 2007

Oh so many things

So guys it has been a while and so many things have happened, most have been extremely excellent, few have been rather shite, and often things have got a bit strange.
Last time I spoke to you guys we were in Munich, and we had a lot of fun there, but we also had many troubles with people in our dorm. I think I wrote about one night of annoyances, but the next night was much worse and it wasn´t even the same people offending. Brit and I had gone to bed at a reasonable time (around 11.30) and went to sleep. The rest of the room, all nine beds worth were occupied by a bunch of football fanatics who did not return home until very late and very drunk, they came into the room on variuos occassions during the night screaming their football song and then wandering back out again, they thought they were pretty funny. Brit and I asked on many occasions very politely I must stress if they could quieten down a bit. A reasonable request at 1am, 1.30am, 2.30 am, 4am, and finally at 5.30am. We did not raise our voices, but eventually they started harrasing us telling us we should have learned German before coming over and eventually when I got up I was pushed around a little. I went and got management, but when I saw him I knew he´d be no good, his intentions were good, but he was tiny, and a pacifist. eventually the thugs left the room, but they were there to confront us at breakfast, still drunk and now angry, it was a little intimidating but I soon realised they were all bark with little bite. One guy got up and threw a ceramic cup at us, but missed by a long shot he threatened to hit but when I didn´t back away, he retreated. Long story short, drunk football supporters=worlds biggest jerks. Otherwise Munich was excellent.
Then we headed to Prague. I won´t dwell on Prague much except to say the Hostel was excellent, as was the beer. The town itself was pretty but touristy and food was more expensive than it is in Germany. We saw some sights, we went to a torure museum and a communist museum (this country is still very angery about the communist regime of only a decade ago). We had a generally pleasant time.
Now though we are in Berlin, and it is an extremely excellent city. Probably the best one we´ve been to so far. The city has so much history and so much diversity. Crazy contrasts all over the place. We went on an alternative tour of Berlin and saw some excellent things, abandoned warehouses used as squats, skateparks, and some not changed since they were bombed in the war. A crazy warehouse museum/squat/gallery/cinema/pub. I can hardly express how amazing this city is. The nightlife is great, the shopping is cheap and unique, even our hostel is nice.
But alas it is our last night here, and tomorrow we must move on to Bruges in Belgium.
And I shall leave it there so I can get back to enjoying this amazing city.
Catch ya all next time.
Dylan

No comments: